Happy Memorial Day everybody! Here is today’s news about the Washington Capitals and from around the NHL!
- Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin led Team Russia to a gold medal at the IIHF Championships (CSN Washington, RMNB, Eye On Hockey)
- Dustin Penner‘s final report card (CSN Washington)
- Barry Trotz is closing in on the Capitals head coaching job (Sportsnet)
- Philipp Grubauer‘s end of the year report card (The Peerless Prognosticator)
Around the NHL
- Martin St. Louis scored the game winning goal in overtime to give the New York Rangers a 3-2 win over the Montreal Canadiens and a 3-1 lead in the series (Lametropolesports, Fansided)
Washington Capitals Birthdays
- Happy 38th birthday to former Capitals center Matt Herr. In 52 games with the Washington Capitals, Herr scored nine points.’
Today’s Capgeek update of the top 10 UFAs signed by the Washington Capitals:
Finally, I’d like to personally thank every military member, past or present, that is reading this article. Your service to this country means so much to everybody. I’m not a very religious type, but the Bible says “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends“. While everybody in the military does not die for their friends, the mere fact that they are in the military shows that they are willing to do so. Don’t forget the real reason we have Memorial Day and a free country- our military.