Happy Fourth of July everyone! Here’s today’s news and links about the Washington Capitals!
- Washington Capitals General Manager Brian MacLellan touches on several subjects, including his disdain for the nickname “GMBM”. (CBS DC)
- Despite recent free agent signings, the Capitals still hope to keep Mike Green and get him back on track. (Washington Post, Rotoworld, NBC Washington)
- How will the success of Brooks Orpik‘s contract be measured? (RMNB)
- Two old friends have been reunited on the Hershey Bears’ coaching staff. (Washington Post, Monumental Network)
- Orpik says signing with the Washington Capitals was a no-brainer. (CSN Washington)
- Matt Niskanen realizes the challenges and expectations that come with his contract, and he’s ready to face them. (CSN Washington)
- Orpik and Niskanen will both face tons of scrutiny and be under a lot of pressure thanks to their new contracts. (Washington Post)
- The Hershey Bears bid farewell to a very active member of their community as Tyson Strachan has signed with the Buffalo Sabres. (Democrat & Chronicle)
- Fan favorite and Hershey Bears enforcer Joel Rechlicz has signed with the Minnesota Wild. (Boston Herald)
- The Hershey Bears continue to build their depth as they’ve added two forwards. (Monumental Network)
- A Happy 42nd Birthday to Mike Knuble!