Happy Tuesday everyone. Here’s today’s news and links about the Washington Capitals!
- The Washington Capitals off-season has seen some players come, and other players go. Here’s how each of them will affect the Capitals in 2014-2015. (Bleacher Report) “Brian MacLellan and the Caps took heat for their rash spending on blueliners Brooks Orpik and Matt Niskanen July 1. Those contracts are scary long-term, but even if Orpik and Niskanen struggle, they make Washington significantly better in the short term, forming a strong top four with John Carlson and Mike Green… How can Washington not have a better outlook for 2014-15?”-The Hockey News
- I’m not endorsing caring about odds, but Vegas does not like what the Capitals have done so far in free agency. (CSN Washington)
- Riley Barber will be returning to college for his junior year. (CSN Washington)
- Andre Burakovsky had an impressive season last year. Here’s a deeper look into it. (Japers Rink)
- The Washington Capitals missed the playoffs last season, but they could be back in the playoffs as soon as 2014-2015. (The Hockey News)
- I thought the Mike Green trade rumors had gone away. Nope, I was wrong. (District Sports, Stars And Sticks)
- Barry Trotz turns 52 today, so happy birthday Barry!