Happy Thursday everybody. Here’s today’s news and links about the Washington Capitals!
- Philipp Grubauer has a new goalie mask and it is awesome. (CSN Washington, RMNB) “They have options over there… You want your whole foot in the water if you’re going to play in the National Hockey League. I don’t want your toe. If you’re just going to put your toe in the water … A couple Russian players have come over and they don’t put their whole foot in the NHL sometimes, and that holds them back.” -Barry Trotz
- What is it going to take for the 2014-2015 season to be a successful one for the Washington Capitals? (Japers Rink)
“I also think this season can be deemed successful if there are marked improvements on an individual and team level, regardless of where the team finishes up in the final standings. If Barry Trotz can get more out of Alex Ovechkin (and perhaps more importantly, his supporting players), that’s a win; tapping in to the Mike Green of old would also go into that category. Improving even-strength play, using players in roles for which they’re better suited, fixing the penalty kill, etc… in short, reversing a lot of the things that have happened in the last year-and-a-half. I just want to feel like they’re back on the right path.”
- One thing that must change for the Capitals: their current downward spiral as far as possession numbers. But there is hope! (RMNB)
- Barry Trotz reflects on his opinion about Russians. (CSN Washington)
- Michael Latta is no longer waiver-exempt, so look for him to stay with the Washington Capitals. (RMNB)
- Jay Beagle is number 23 on the Capitals Top 25 Impact Players. It’s incredible that he actually got playing time with Alex Ovechkin. (CSN Washington)
- Finally, a happy 59th birthday to former Capitals forward Mike Marson.