Happy Friday everyone. Here’s today’s news and links about the Washington Capitals!
- Another day, another top 10 Capitals prospects list. (Bleacher Report)
- Hide your kids, hide your wives, Evgeny Kuznetsov and Dmitry Orlov are back in town! (RMNB)
- The Washington Capitals are sponsoring a blood drive tomorrow at Kettler. (ABC Washington)
- In five years, the Washington Capitals should be an interesting team. (Bleacher Report)
- Where Are They Now: The 2013 Capitals draft picks (The Hockey Writers)
- The Capitals coaching staff is preparing for a team-first program. (CSN Washington, PHT) “I can tell you this. If you’re dysfunctional in the coaches’ office, you will be dysfunctional.” -Barry Trotz
- Projecting Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom and more. (Japers Rink)
- Michael Latta ranks #22 in the Washington Capitals top 25 impact players list. (CSN Washington)
- The Capitals have several interesting storylines to keep an eye on during training camp. (The Hockey Writers)
- The Capitals have a nice problem right now. They have three very competent power play quarterbacks in John Carlson, Matt Niskanen, and Mike Green. Is that a problem that needs to be solved though? (NBC Washington)
- Wikipedia is extremely reliable because anyone can edit it. Here are some nuggets from Wikipedia about each NHL team. (Grantland)
The Washington Capitals entry is especially interesting.
The Capitals’ inaugural season was dreadful, even by expansion standards. They finished with far and away the worst record in the league at 8–67–5. [...] Coach Jim Anderson said, “I’d rather find out my wife was cheating on me than keep losing like this. At least I could tell my wife to cut it out.”