Happy Friday everyone. Here’s today’s news and links about the Washington Capitals!
- Summer workouts are no sweat for Washington Capitals’ conditioning coach Mark Nemish. (CSN Washington)
- Former Capitals head coach Adam Oates might have a new job as the assistant coach of the New York Rangers. (Rant Sports)
- The Capitals are filled with questions, so let’s try to get some answers. (Fourth Period)
Yes, it’s not nearly Alex Ovechkin’s fault that the Capitals have struggled in recent years. It’s lazy to launch unscrupulous criticism his way. That’s what most of it has been. The Capitals don’t need to trade Ovechkin, they need to surround him with talent, like all good teams do. Jonathan Toews has won two Stanley Cups with Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook, Patrick Kane, Marian Hossa and a cast as deep as a Wes Anderson movie.
- If the Washington Capitals want to make the playoffs in 2014-2015, they should try streaking… together multiple wins. (Talk The Red)
- A mailbag of questions answered (Japers Rink)
- Several Washington Capitals prospects hope to follow in their fathers’ footsteps. (Dump And Chase)
- Coming in at #17 on the Washington Capitals Top 25 Impact Players list: the other half of last year’s third line bald guys, Jason Chimera. (CSN Washington)
- Looking for a job in hockey? I’ve applied for this one, and you should too! (Monumental Network)
- Time for us to play some more “fantasy hockey”, as Trotz enjoys calling it. More line combination speculation! (Brooks Laichyear)
- Hiring Barry Trotz and promoting Brian McClellan were both great ideas by the Washington Capitals, as hiring coaches with experience and promoting from within are what good teams do. (RMNB)