Hockey season is finally here and it’s a big test early on for the Washington Capitals as they open the season against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The Penguins are coming off a loss on home ice to Connor Bedard and the Chicago Blackhawks so they’ll get an angry Pens team tonight. The good news is, the Caps will be angry too.
Although the Caps got a good pick in the draft and a good stock up, missing the playoffs for the first time since 2014 does not sit well with anybody in that locker room.
What will make this matchup tough with the Caps besides a mad Pens team is the fact that the Pens added Erik Karlsson over the offseason. A big dude and a threat of a defenseman.
- Date: Friday Oct. 13, 2023
- TIme: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Capital One Arena
- What Channel is Capitals game on: Hulu and ESPN plus
- Radio: 106.7 The Fan and Capitals Radio 24/7
- Betting Odds: The Penguins vs. Capitals betting odds on Caesars, the official sports betting partner of the Capitals, as the Caps at +1.5 point underdogs at home. The Capitals have +100 moneyline odds, while the Penguins are the favorites at -12-. The total for the game is set at an over/under of 6.5.
- Live Streaming: fuboTV has live NHL games on ESPNwhich you can stream from your phone, television, and all your favorite devices. This is a service that broadcasts live TV over the internet, no cable is required. Watch your favorite teams, network shows, news, and movies on 100+ channels. Plus on-demand entertainment including full TV series. fuboTV is currently available in the United States, Canada, and Spain.
- Reddit: Reddit can sometimes have streams of live NHL games but make sure they are legal. The official NHL Subreddit is located at https://www.reddit.com/r/nhl/.
I think this game will be close and could go either way. In the end I predict the Caps will win either 3-2 or 4-3 with Tom Wilson scoring the game winning goal.