The Washington Capitals are back in action to conclude their five game homestand. Tonight’s opponent is the Florida Panthers and although it’s early this game could impact the wild card standings.
The Caps are 5-4-1 with 11 points. The Panthers currently occupy the second and final wild card spot with a 6-4-1 record which is good for 13 points. If the Caps were to win in regulation tonight they would get a full two points and tie with the Panthers.
- Date: Wednesday Nov. 8, 2023
- Time: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Capital One Arena
- What Channel Is Capitals Game On: TNT and HBO Max
- Radio: 106.7 The Fan and Caps Radio 24/7
- Betting Odds: The Panthers vs. Capitals betting odds on Caesars have the Panthers as 1.5 favorites on the road. The Panthers have -140 moneyline odds, while the Capitals are the underdog at +118. The total for the game is set at an over/under of 6.5 points.
- Live Streaming: fuboTV has live NHL games on ESPN which you can stream from your phone, television, and all your favorite devices. This is a service that broadcasts live TV over the internet, no cable is required. Watch your favorite teams, network shows, news, and movies on 100+ channels. Plus on-demand entertainment including full TV series. fuboTV is currently available in the United States, Canada, and Spain.
- Reddit: Reddit can sometimes have streams of live NHL games but make sure they are legal. The official NHL Subreddit is located at https://www.reddit.com/r/nhl/.
The Capitals have practiced the last two days without Evgeny Kuznetsov as he’s dealt with an illness. Ahead of today’s optional morning skate the team called up Mike Sgarbossa from the Hershey Bears while placing Nicklas Backstrom on long term injury reserve or LTIR for short.
While the Caps have played better lately they’re still looking for an offensive explosion that they’ve been lacking. We’ll see if the offense can bring it tonight against the opponents that ended their season the last time they made it to the playoffs.