The Washington Capitals take on the Philadelphia Flyers as the Caps go for three wins in a row. A lot has went down since their win on Sunday night over the Chicago Blackhawks. Ted Leonsis and Monumental Sports and Entertainment announced a new arena at Potomac Yards in Alexandria set to open in 2028.
The Caps also re-signed a prospect goaltender and are rumored to have won the Ethan Bear sweepstakes. Today the Caps recalled Joe Snively from the Hershey Bears and placed Sonny Milano on injured reserve. Milano is listed with an upper body injury. He played Sunday and practiced so far this week up until today.
Snively has seven goals and 14 assists in 25 AHL games this season with the Bears. Tonight is the first of three meetings between the Caps and Flyers this season. The Flyers are just two points ahead of the Caps in the Metropolitan Division with a 15-10-3 record for third place with 33 points. The Caps are 14-8-3 with 31 points at fourth place but are in the playoff hunt as a second wild card.
- Date: 12/14/23
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Where: Wells Fargo Center
- What Channel Is Capitals Game On: Monumental Sports Network
- Radio:106.7 The Fan and Caps Radio 24/7
- Betting Odds: The Capitals vs. Flyers betting odds on Caesars have the Flyers as 1.5-point favorites at home. The Flyers have -135 moneyline odds, while the Capitals are the underdog at +115. The total for the game is set at an over/under of 5.5 points.
- Live Streaming: fuboTV has live NHL games which you can stream from your phone, television, and all your favorite devices. This is a service that broadcasts live TV over the internet, no cable required. Watch your favorite teams, network shows, news, and movies on 100+ channels. Plus on-demand entertainment including full TV series. fuboTV is currently available in the United States, Canada, and Spain. Packages and pricing differ per country.
- Reddit: Reddit can sometimes have streams of live NHL games but make sure they are legal. The official NHL Subreddit is located at https://www.reddit.com/r/nhl/.
With the over/under being a 5.5 instead of the usual 6.0 expect not a lot of goals and good defense and goaltending tonight. Charlie Lindgren was the first goalie off the ice at morning skate meaning he will get the start.